It’s been a week now but I still have Bali fever! Sometimes, I get this glassy-eyed look and space out, remembering the fun times we had in the “Island of the gods”. It’s like I can still feel the sun scorching, the big waves rolling and the sound of our motorbike as we criss-cross the narrow streets. Oh, I love Bali!
What’s there to loooove?
1. Waves…that are meant for surfing. First time in my life to see surfers waiting for that big one they can ride on. I thought I’ve already seen good ones in La Union last year, but this one really made my jaw drop. I really wished I had joined them and didn’t just sit on the sideline.
There are many surfing instructors/ schools dotting Kuta Beach. We’re lucky to have found
one two who gave us a good deal and good company (we even went to dinner with them). Ryan and Jerry were our tickets to the local life.
2. Food at very reasonable prices. One thing I love doing when I go to a new place is trying their street food. In Bali, it’s no different. But what surprised me most was that whether it’s street food or resto fare, they are spicy and cheap.
Note: USD1 = IDR10,000
Don’t miss out on sunset dinner at Jimbaran. Too bad we got there a bit late but we still enjoyed our dinner by the beach.
3. Sites/ Parks/ Nature/ Temples that dot the landscape. I guess what sets Bali apart from a regular beach town is that although there are commercial establishments jotting the area, the culture and the Hindu way of life are still visible. It’s like them saying “you are visitors to our place, you adjust to us and not the other way around”. The locals still carry out their traditional customs and beliefs. And there are still temples in the middle of the busy downtown.
4. Nightlife. What can I say…you have to be there! The clubs at Legian are the places to see and be seen.
5. Shopping to your heart’s content…and more. There’s a long street intended just for retail therapy. And yes, they cater to the surfing crowd.
Our Bali trip with friends was truly one for the books. It was a perfect mix of great place, great food and even greater people.
I’m already dreaming of the next big adventure.
Oh, I have to share with you photos of our resort. We stayed in a Balinese-inspired villa. It was sooo relaxing and quiet and romantic haha
To the people who made our Bali trip memorable…you know who you are…THANK YOU! 🙂
Filed under: Travel